ORA-6550 PLS-707 parameter 2603 - internal error or unsupported structure.

From: Wanda Zoe <clarioneer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:07:18 +0200

Hi there..

I've been doing "bulk insert" into an oracle db for a few years, and today I hit an error that's got me stumped...

My test environment is unix/solaris/oracle 9i, running app from Windows 2000 and XP
All work fine on it of course!!

New database was created with 8.1.7 on Solaris, and when my app do bulk insert on it, I get above error.
My insert buffer is 32K. I load it with a begin clause, lots of inserts, and an end at the back, before I submit it.

Currently the app work if the buffer has about 10 inserts in, but if I let it grow bigger, this pesky error pops up. Speed is of the essence, and I would like to get back to using the full 32 K.

A search on metalink and google did not really help. oerr ora 6550 is not of much help either - except saying : "$ oerr ora 6550
06550, 00000, "line %s, column %s:\n%s"
// *Cause: Usually a PL/SQL compilation error.
// *Action:"

(ps - the oracle message complain about line zero, column zero which is not of much help :-)

I have a feelling the buffer get chopped of? But where do I see what the max buffer size is, and how
do I change it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 11:07:18 CDT