licneses / connections

From: Vu Pham <vu_at_sivell.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:52:17 -0500

I am working on a communication system in which a server delivers information to about 150 remote devices. This communication system is not a tcp system, and it has a predefined limited number of packets per second.

There is a frontend application that is the bridge between the database engine and the remote devices. This frontend application receives requests from remote devices, makes connections to the database engines, gets results and sends results back to devices.

Because of the limited packets per second, there is no more than 10 connections from the frontend app to the database engine at any given time.

If I convert this system to using Oracle, does it mean the license I need to buy is 10 ?

Thanks for your advice,

Vu Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 07:52:17 CDT