Re: hanging distributed transaction

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 07:01:30 -0700

mmr.michael_at_gmx.de (Michael Meyer) wrote in message news:<e9f69e72.0406212315.7b46e87c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I got following error message :
>
> ORA-02058: no prepared transaction found with ID ...
>
> Michael
>
> Mark.Powell_at_eds.com (Mark D Powell) wrote in message news:<2687bb95.0406180842.53cfb27c_at_posting.google.com>...
> > mmr.michael_at_gmx.de (Michael Meyer) wrote in message news:<e9f69e72.0406180038.56cc10ab_at_posting.google.com>...
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > I used a BEA Weblogic 6.1 to test a distributed transaction with two
> > > different tablespaces. Unfortunely I killed the server befor the
> > > transaction was commited or rollbacked.
> > >
> > > When I now open the Oracle Enterprise Manager console, I can still see
> > > this transaction (open, distributed transaction) but I cant force a
> > > commit or a rollback. How can I delete this transaction?
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > What error message do you get when you attemp to force a rollback or
> > commit?
> >
> > I expect the Oracle session background process is still alive and
> > holds a lock on the row data. If you know the key data for the row
> > involved then on the remote db issue an update on the target row. It
> > should hang and you can follow your normal lock blockers location
> > procedure to find the holding session which you can then kill. This
> > should release the lock and allow Oracle to clean up the transaction
> > for you.
> >
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --

If you are on version 9 and perhaps up to the early releases of 9.2 and if you are using automatic undo then there is a bug that causes failure when you manually attempt to cleanup failed distributed transactions. But I think this problem will give you a 30xxx error.

I have seen an error similiar to the one you listed that I open an iTAR on but the next day when I went back to get more information for the iTAR the purge worked.

What information, if any, related to this error shows in the alert log?
What do you get when you run the following query? select *
from dba_2pc_pending p ,dba_2pc_neighbors n where p.local_tran_id = n.local_tran_id

Also what do queries against DEFTRAN and DEFTRANDEST show?

If you post this information and the actual command you are using to try to rollback the transaction with result messages maybe someone can help.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 09:01:30 CDT