Oracle 9i and Unix-Filesystem

From: Silver <silver.schmid_at_vontobel.ch>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 01:09:18 -0700

Hi,
Actually I'm trying to implement PL/SQL procedures to handle BFILE and CLOB Datatypes. The procedures and the DBMS will run on a UNIX Server and the external File is located on the UNIX filesystem. First statement in my SQL-Script is:
"create or replace directory dir_name as '/testdir/test1';" to establish the alias for the subdir, in which the file (for which i will need the locator in the BFILE-field) is located. So far so good, but in a second proc, where I try to access the BFILE with "dbms_lob.fileopen(parm1, dbms_lob.file_readonly)" I get the following Oracle error:
ORA-22285: non-existent directory or file for FILEOPEN operation

Can anybody help?

Thx and regards
Silver Schmid Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 03:09:18 CDT