Installation oddity of the Oracle 9i Client on Windows 2000

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:11:27 +0200

Our Windows Admin is desperate about a problem he is coping with: When updating the Oracle Client software V. 9, if Version 8 was installed previously everything works out fine. But on a PC running Windows 2000 where no Oracle has ever been installed, it turns out that only the Administrator is able to use sqlplus or any other tool. For some reason, any user logged in under a regular account won't have the environment set correctly and won't have execution rights on Oracle binaries. That happens even on a fresh installed Windows PC (2000 SP3 or SP4).

Anyone who came accross the same problem, please let me know, before I open a support case at Oracle.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 16:11:27 CDT