Re: Why does Oracle cost so much?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:33:34 -0700

A point I have been making repeatedly. I think Oracle has done itself a huge disservice by posting the preposterous $40K/proc for EE at http://store.oracle.com. Does this really sell any EE licenses? I hope not as anyone stupid enough to pay that price probably can't write a SQL statement. What it does, however, is give ammunition to the competition.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)