Re: JR DBA

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 21 Jun 2004 12:11:39 -0700

DATACHIP3_at_YAHOO.COM (Dave Anderson) wrote in message news:<d1a22e10.0406090859.14d47415_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am a hiring manager at telcom company in Atlanta, mY boss stated we
> need a jr level oracle DBA to assist with managing the database. I
> dont get along with the DBA on staff now. Can some one assist me with
> the daily acitivites of a jr dba. I ned a description of what the
> activites he should be aware of. We basically need some one to do
> monitoring and backups. Looking at maybe 2 years to 3 years of
> experience
>
> Clark Davis

There are virtually no junior DBAs available. For junior DBAs to be available there would have to have been entry level DBAs 3 years ago. Hardly anyone has hired an entry level DBA in the last 5 years. So you will need to find an entry level person and train him. Either that or find a weak DBA with experience who is just desperate for a job. There are quite a few out there...

You need to talk to your DBA even though you don't like him. He needs to do the interview. You have no idea how to screen. Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 14:11:39 CDT