Re: suggest a good books for Oracle9i DBA Updgrade exam

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 21 Jun 2004 12:04:39 -0700

"Oradba Linux" <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<t7Iyc.17718$eu.12476_at_attbi_s02>...
> "Gayethiri" <gayethiri_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to take up the Upgrade Exam: Oracle8i to Oracle9i DBA OCP
> > Can anyone suggest a good books/materials for Exam #1Z0-030 Oracle9i
> > Database: New Features for Administrators.I would also appreciate if
> > anybody could give me some tips to prepare for this exam.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gayethiri
>
> I used the book OCP Oracle9i Database: New Features for Administrators Exam
> Guide
> written by Daniel Benjamin . It is a good book . Read thru the docs .Server
> concepts and Admin guide if you have not read it yet . Also there is a new
> features e-book that you can download from http://www.dizwell.com . It is
> about 150 pages
> and it is also very good material to read . Search on amazon.com to buy this
> book (used or new) .

I have that book. Its loaded with typos. The software that comes with it has alot of character errors in it. It does not prepare as well for the exam as the Sybex books do. It was clearly rushed out. Be very careful when studying for the exam from that book. It doesn't covery everything in detail. The exam is extremely picky on details... that most people forget and have to look up.

The regular new features doc by Howard Rogers and the one for sale by Robert Freeman are very good. However, they are not targeted toward the exam. The exam is more about anal questions and those books are more about what is useful to know. Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 14:04:39 CDT