Re: hanging distributed transaction

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2004 09:42:53 -0700

mmr.michael_at_gmx.de (Michael Meyer) wrote in message news:<e9f69e72.0406180038.56cc10ab_at_posting.google.com>...
> hi,
>
> I used a BEA Weblogic 6.1 to test a distributed transaction with two
> different tablespaces. Unfortunely I killed the server befor the
> transaction was commited or rollbacked.
>
> When I now open the Oracle Enterprise Manager console, I can still see
> this transaction (open, distributed transaction) but I cant force a
> commit or a rollback. How can I delete this transaction?
>
> Michael

What error message do you get when you attemp to force a rollback or commit?

I expect the Oracle session background process is still alive and holds a lock on the row data. If you know the key data for the row involved then on the remote db issue an update on the target row. It should hang and you can follow your normal lock blockers location procedure to find the holding session which you can then kill. This should release the lock and allow Oracle to clean up the transaction for you.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:42:53 CDT