PL/SQL access from c++ like accessing a table

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:21:11 +0200

Hi NG,
i currently work on a PL/SQL-Procedure to do something i would call "dynamic grouping".
Platform is Oracle 9.2.4 on Windows 2003 Server. Based on previously defined groups for certain variables of our base data a query is constructed and then a well formated output is generated. For use within SQL-Plus this is satisfying, but one of my collegues wants to access the output as if it is a result-set from a query. I am not sure ifit is possible, i tried to find information in a book[1] regarding PL/SQL but coull not find any answers.

My questions are:
Is it possible to to something like "select * from procedure_x(var1,var2)" and get a result-set similar to doing "select * from table_x"? If it is possible, do you have any hints, documentation you can give me as an advice?

Any help is appreciated

    Moritz

[1] O'Reilly Oracle PL/SQL Basics by Steven Feuerstein with Bill Pribyl Received on Fri Jun 18 2004 - 07:21:11 CDT