Oracle Dope needs help with retrieving records from stored procedure

From: spawncamper <jerel_at_rockbaby.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2004 13:12:33 -0700

I'm fairly new to Oracle, so I apologize in advance if this question makes you shake your head. However, I'm trying to create a stored procedure in Oracle 8i to return a value that would be called using SELECT EMPLOYEEID FROM EMPLOYEELASTNAME('JONES') where EMPLOYEELAASTNAME would be the name of the procedure and would obviously return the id.

When I create a proc to do a select, I get a "an INTO clause is expected in this SELECT statement" error. Doing research on the internet has not been fruitful. Any assistance for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

An Oracle Dope Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 15:12:33 CDT