Describe command equivalent query

From: SRevale <revale_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 17:25:18 -0700

Hi, everybody !!

I've been trying to reproduce in a query(s) the efect of the DESCRIBE COMMAND in the SQL-Plus.

Everything seems ok until I try to describe packages. XXX_ARGUMENTS seems to be the solution but then I found that PROCEDURES without arguments didn't appear here. I also found that there is no object_type definition in here so, to identify if it was a FN or a SP I'd check for a 0 (zero) in the POSITION field).

I'd also check in the SYS.OBJ$ and SYS.ARG$ tables, but it made no difference.

So I asked then, how does DESCRIBE COMMAND really works? Is there any way, with one (or more) query(s), to retrieve this data?

Thanks you all !
Santiago Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 19:25:18 CDT