Email authentication for OCS

From: Tracy <nassetta_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 10:50:22 -0700

We are installing OCS v 9.0.4.1.0 on Red Hat Linux 3.0.

During setup we entered the outgoing email server as mail.companyname.com, which is how our email accounts are set up.

Our SMTP server (outside provider) requires authentication, so in order to send an email we need to be able to somehow pass user_at_companyname.com and password in order to send email notifying users that they have been granted access, etc.

We have not been able to figure out how to do this.

Do we need to set up an OCS admin email account for our company email? How to pass in the password needed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. (If this is the wrong forum, please point me to the correct one.)

Tracy Received on Tue Jun 15 2004 - 12:50:22 CDT