Re: Cant connect to Oracle & java problem

From: anacedent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:24:51 -0700

C.O.Jones wrote:

> Using Oracle 8.1.7 Personal edition on Windows XP.
>
> I was experimenting with the DBA tools. I first of all tried to adjust the
> memory used by my database. Then I attempted to shutdown and restart my
> database. It froze mid shutdown, and I was unable to re-connect.
>
> After trying everything I could think of to restart it, I finally tried
> uninstalling and re-installing Oracle.I managed to trash my registry during
> the uninstall, and had to reinstall Windows. Even after reinstall I am
> unable to get Oracle working. When I try to connect with any of the standard
> logins in DBAStudio I get no response at all, it just freezes.
>
> Another problem, which may be related, or could be totally different is a
> messagebox that constantly pops up saying telling me that java.exe has to
> close. I close the messagebox, but it pops up again a few seconds later. I
> can't kill the java process in Windows Task Manager, it keeps restarting.
>
> The message says:

> ---------------java.exe
> ---------------
>
> java.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience.
>
> If you were in the middle of something the information you were working on
> might be lost.
>
> For more information click here
> [Debug] [Close]
> ---------------
>

> Pressing click here gives me:

> ---------------
> java.exe
> ---------------
> Error signature
> szAppName : java.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : symcjit.dll
> szModVer : 3.10.0.107 offset : 0005f974
>
> To view technical information about the error report click here [Close]
> ---------------
>

> pressing click here gives me

> ---------------java.exe
> The following files will be included in this error report
> C:\DOCUME~1\CHARLES~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERD5.tmp.dir00\java.exe.mdmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\CHARLES~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERD5.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt
>
> [Close]
>

> I've scanned for viruses and trojans, no dice there.
>
> Any ideas what's happening?

What is happening is that you are reaping the results from trying to mix Oracle, Java & Windoze on the same system. I suggest that you slowly back away from the keyboard and leave such activities to those who know what they are doing & are not a danger to themselves, the computer system, or innocent bystanders.

Have you bothered to RTFM about the limitations which exist within Oracle Personal Edition? Received on Sat Jun 12 2004 - 20:24:51 CDT