Re: Monitoring connection pooling

From: David Browne <meat_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:40:18 -0500

"Robert Scheer" <rbscheer_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:cfd22ab6.0406100623.545a5252_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi.
>
> I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and ODP.NET to access an Oracle
> 8.1.6 database. I want to monitor the connection pool but could not
> find anything similar to the SQL Server Profiler to do that. Could not
> find at Oracle's documentation anything specific to that issue. Where
> can I find more information about monitoring connection pools when
> using Oracle and ODP.NET? Are there any system tables that can be
> queried?

The Oracle server has no idea wether an applicaion is pooling connections or not. All connections are the same to Oracle. And there is tons of information from Oracle about the current sessions. You might start with something like

select *
from v$session
where type='USER'

David Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:40:18 CDT