Re: Puzzle with tablespaces in the HR sample schema.

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:58:30 +0100

david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com says...

> Lets see the output of your query then, easiest way

Run this SQL (with dba privileges).

SELECT owner, table_name, tablespace_name FROM dba_tables
WHERE owner IN ('SCOTT', 'HR')
ORDER BY owner, tablespace_name, table_name /

OWNER TABLE_NAME TABLESPACE_NAME
----- ---------- --------------

HR     LOCATIONS  EXAMPLE
HR     REGIONS    EXAMPLE
HR     COUNTRIES
SCOTT  BONUS      SYSTEM

Some results deleted for brevity, but the point is that there is no tablespace_name for the countries table in the HR schema.

This is what's puzzling me.

Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com