Re: Changing a user's default tablespace.

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:06:08 +0100

anacedent_at_hotmail.com says...

> > Now, they have an example where you change a user's default tablespace.
> > My question is what happens to the objects that the user already has in
> > the (now) non-default tablespace? Do they get moved automatically, or is
> > this something that the dba has to take care of manually?

> Nothing happens at all.
> The value of the "default tablespace" is used to "decide"
> into which tablespace an object will be created if the
> CREATE command does not include the "TABLESPACE <NAME>" clause

Suppose that previously the tablespace was SYSTEM and you issue (as dba) a quota of 0 on that tablespace for the user? My question I suppose is "what happens then?".

You could probably turn around and say to me, "well, try it and see", but my problem there is that I don't want to mess with the samples too much (i.e. destroy some important data/structures) since the book relies on these for many of its examples.

Thanks for your input.

Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com