Re: Confused over forward slashes under windows - anybody?

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:13:06 +0100

niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com says...

> You will however be allowed to use / as a directory seperator since oh about
> dos 2.

OK - a quick test shows that to work. My question is *_why_* does Oracle choose to have *_some_ and not all of its services specified in such a manner rather than using the windows convention?

Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com