Porting SQL Server job to Oracle

From: Robert Scheer <rbscheer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2004 15:18:03 -0700

Hi.

I need to do in Oracle something equivalent to what I do using jobs in SQL Server. I have a procedure that needs to insert data from one table to another table hourly.

I found that I can use DBMS_JOB to do this, but I could not find anything about its syntax. I made a search on the Oracle's site, but what I found were sparse articles, none of them explaining exactly how to use the utility. Can anyone point me to an article that focuses on DBMS_JOB? Thanks,
Robert Scheer Received on Fri Jun 04 2004 - 17:18:03 CDT