Pro*C equivalent of PL/SQL pipelined function?

From: Phil Bewig <pbewig_at_swbell.net>
Date: 1 Jun 2004 11:53:13 -0700

I am an experienced programmer in C and PL/SQL but not Pro*C. In PL/SQL, I could use a pipelined function to return a table, one row at a time, that could be used in the FROM clause of a SELECT query. Now I have a PL/SQL program that returns data via a pipelined function, but too slowly, and I am considering a rewrite in Pro*C for speed. What is the Pro*C equivalent of a pipelined function? And is my assumption of an order of magnitude speed improvement when moving from PL/SQL to Pro*C realistic?

Many thanks,

Phil Received on Tue Jun 01 2004 - 13:53:13 CDT