Re: Oracle Init.ora Parameters

From: g300 <ian_cpt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:49:16 +0200

Hi,

I agree with Daniel, throwing more memory at the database does not necessary mean it will perform any better. I am currently supporting around 10 databases on Windows 2000, and the largest SGA is around 1GB. We've tested really big SGA's (Up to 5GB) but we did not receive any SIGNIFICANT performance gain by having it set so large.

Just from what I've seen, I have the following comments:

Regards

P.S. What is your disk configuration like? Size of DB? Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 08:49:16 CDT