Re: Why does Oracle cost so much?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:45:41 -0700

Greg Forestieri wrote:

>>I don't buy or recommend databases for matters of style or taste
>>or to 'get chicks'.

> Thank goodness. Although if you could get chicks with a database I
> say it would be with Oracle.
>
> I'd also say there's a greater difference between a Mercedes and a VW
> than what gets chicks. Maybe what performs better, runs better,
> drives better, safer....
>
> I recommend them based upon a cost benefit

<LIGHT HEARTED>
Well lets give some thought to this.

What do women want?

Security?
Stability?
Performance?
The ability to get back a valid answer when performing a query?

I'm not so sure how the scalability part translates. I'll leave that to others.
</LIGHT HEARTED>

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu