Sending CLOB to a webservice from PL/SQL

From: MIchael Bals <Michael.Bals_at_web.de>
Date: 26 May 2004 00:20:54 -0700

Hello !

I am new to this group and fairly new to PL/SQL. After searching the web my last hope is to ask here in the group.

I am able to call a webservice as described in http://otn.oracle.com/tech/webservices/htdocs/samples/dbwebservice/DBWebServices_PLSQL.html

My problem is that the envelope containing the soap message is larger than the varchar2 allows. So I changed everything to a CLOB type. But how can I send this type via UTL_HTTP package to the webservice? I tried using write_text and write_raw, but it didn't work at all. Propably I am doing something wrong. So if someone can could give me an example I would be more than happy. Or is it the complete wrong way of doing that? But I really need to pass this data to the webservice.

Greetings
Michael Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 02:20:54 CDT