Re: create table grants and Dynamic SQL question

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 04:33:57 GMT

Romeo Olympia wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do. Looks to me that you
> need a "work table" which you create, process, and drop all in one
> user session. If this is the case, do check out Oracle Temporary
> Tables. Not the same thing as PL/SQL tables you're referring to?
>
> But if you insist on this dynamic table create approach, CREATE ANY
> TABLE system privilege will allow you to create a table in any schema.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romeo

In support of this ...

Be aware that creating tables on the fly is one of the more common ways to kill scalability in Oracle. If you want more than a few users working concurrently, you may want to rethink this.

If you want more details on this - just look through Chapter 1 of any of Thomas Kyte's books.

/Hans Received on Sun May 23 2004 - 23:33:57 CDT