Re: Why does Oracle cost so much?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:11:12 -0700

D Rolfe wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> Joel Garry wrote:
>>
>>> Several neighbors have mint E's (mostly V12's), and one of my Corvette
>>> buddies has a Jag shop and always has interesting things coming
>>> through.  It's fun to dream, but when it comes down to it (in a couple
>>> years, most likely), I'll probably get another Vette, the economics
>>> and emotions merge there for me.
>>

>> I once had that same emotion. And an equally large number of speeding
>> tickets. Drive the same way in a Jag or a Vette. The Vette driver will
>> get every citation.
>>

> Probably because the police will assume that the Jag driver is rushing
> to get his vehicle back to the dealership before it stops working.....
>
> The British aren't known as "The Russians Of Western Europe" when it
> comes to engineering for nothing......
>
> David Rolfe

That was true of Jags back in the 60s and 70s but not any more. I have had no maintenance issues with this car or the previous one.

No the assumption is that the person with the Jag is an important person. That the person with the Vette is irresponsible.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu