Re: Scribe Report Generator - beta testers needed

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 May 2004 17:27:11 -0700

"Wolfgang Rochow" <contactme_at_mysignatureline.com> wrote in message news:<6tPqc.153$gx1.141_at_clgrps12>...
> "D Rolfe" <dwrolfeFRUITBAT_at_orindasoft.com> wrote in message

> > > No, you only "requested" that I go away from the newsgroup that you and
> four
> > > other people apparently came to regard as their own. To back up this
> > > "request" (if yelling, shouting and hurling insults can be called a
> > > "request") you and the other four pointed me to the group's charter
> which,
> > > upon closer examination, turned out to specifically permit such topics
> as:
> > >
> > > Techniques for more efficient access
> > > Importing and Exporting data
> > >

> > You also chose to ignore the charter for
> > comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. But then for someone who has posted a
> > more or less identical message to lots of other newsgroups what should
> > we expect? See:
> >

> http://www.google.ie/groups?q=scribe+beta-testers+Alex+Molochnikov+group:com
> p.*&num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&filter=0
> >
> > You are spaming USENET by making identical posts to multiple newsgroups
> > repeatedly. If what you're doing is OK then why aren't other people
> > doing it?
> >
> > > Who are these "potential customers"? A group of people, five in
> > > total, who dismissed our work out of hand, not even trying to pretend
> that
> > > they took the time to learn what it is about, but still felt competent
> > > enough to insult me for defending my right to post into this NG?
> > >

> > I have spent several hours revewing your product and web site. I did
> > this to test my theory that "nothing marketed with SPAM is worth
> > owning". I was rapidly able to establish that 'scribe' does not support
> > multiple tables and is therefore useless in the context of Oracle or any
> > other commercially credible RDBMS. The amount of time I spent evaluating
> > your product compares very favourably with the amount of time you spent
> > getting it to work with Oracle.
> >
> > While I was at your web site I also found the following about your
> > employer's attitude to customers:
> >
> > http://www.gestalt.com/getit.html#donot
> >
> > The paragraph above contains the intriguing sentance about what happens
> > when you buy something:
> >
> > > By requesting this fee-based License upgrade, you are signifying your
> satisfaction
> > > with the chosen Product based on your demo experience and you
> irrevocably waive
> > > your right to any charge-back (refusing the credit card charge on your
> account)
> > > for any reason whatsoever.
> >
> > In plain English:
> >
> > If you buy a product from gestalt they won't give you your money back
> > under any circumstances.
> >
> > Considering the product is software and that an individual download
> > costs the vendor almost nothing why such an extreme policy? Is it that
> > they have had problems with chargebacks in the past? Even if I liked
> > their product I wouldn't do business with someone like this.

> [...]

Wolfgang, you stupid, freaking idiot! You think that posting ADVERTISING in the guise of a newsgroup post is going to endear you to these groups?

Since you seem way too stupid to answer that correctly, the answer is NO!

Now listen:

Many of us have been here for years, myself well over a decade including the predecessor of these groups. The people that are most virulent against what you are doing are generally those that have been here the longest. We have been through this time and again here and elsewhere. We care about this group. We do NOT want to see advertising, testimonials, or any other commercial postings here.

Alex has now posted the same post repeatedly, after being asked not to. You have explicitly defended and encouraged him. How can I be any more clear: You are not wanted here! Go Away! Go read the Emily Postnews netiquette docs! These groups are not the place for your posts! Continued posting here makes your company look progressively worse!

Now read the faq ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.admin.net-abuse.usenet/Net_Abuse_FAQ particularly sections 2 and 3.13 and 3.19 and that other faq about advertising on the net.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Harrumph.