Re: Application development question

From: Lucky208 <Lucky208_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:13:02 +0200

> Yes it does, but if Oracle is your only target database you are ill
> advised to use ODBC. Compared to OCI and Pro*C ODBC is slow as a
> turtle, just because it is a generic mechanism, and not optimized for
> Oracle.

[...]

Thanks for information.
My application won't use only one database so, therefore I think about ODBC. Can you tell me where I can find information about use ODBC on Unix platform ???
Where I can find some examples using this mechanism ??? Do ODBC drvers are provide with Oracle product ??? Received on Thu May 20 2004 - 02:13:02 CDT