Re: OO4O Bulk Inserts

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2004 06:20:09 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:<L5yqc.23306$qA.2607882_at_attbi_s51>...
> I did a certain amount. (I knew how many rows) At some point there is a
> diminishing return. You will have to benchmark it. Probably not much gain
> over 1,000 rows at a time.
> Jim

This has to do with networking. As soon as the number of bytes being sent in your batch exceeds the size of a packet (usually 1500 bytes) the network layer has to fragment it. You can of course start playing around with SDU and TDU in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, but usually that doesn't help a lot.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed May 19 2004 - 08:20:09 CDT