Re: File format of aracle database files?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:21:23 +0200

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:52:31 +0200, Thilo Immel <Immel_at_Atroplan.de> wrote:

>Thank you Mark!
>
>Unfortunatly I have to log in. Ok, so I want to sign up.
>But the sign up form always says that there is a fault in postal code
>(I am coming from germany, and I filled the form properly).
>Fakt is: I can not sign up!

I'm not sure whether they changed the form but I don't recall having any difficulty with entering a non-default postal code. So I must say I'm a bit amazed about your story and I doubt very much whether it is true at all.

Apart from that, the Oracle docs are floating around on the Internet at numerous universities.
Other than that there is always the option of buying a book like 'Oracle Essentials' published by O'Reilly and of course there is
select * from dict where table_name like .... to get any information about the data dictionary.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA