Re: Can't Tab to Next Field on My Form

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:53:19 +0200

"Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gnwoc.18328$h46.2372_at_newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> I'm creating an Oracle form and when I'm testing it I'm running into the
> problem that I cannot tab or hit enter to go to the next field in the
block.

> I'm relatively new so would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Dereck L. Dietz
> dietzdl_at_ameritech.net

Just two guesses from my Magic Crystal Ball, as You provide no info (Version etc etc):

maybe You have a KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger with some PL/SQL code inside doing anything
*but* going to the Next Item ? If You write code for a trigger, You overwrite default behaviors.

or You may have a checking trigger like WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM on that item for Your own validations
and the values typed in do not meet the criteria, e.g. (pseudo code)

WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM:
IF :block.item NOT IN (1,4,5)
THEN
   keep user in that item to get wanted data from him;    message would be helpful;
ELSE
   NEXT_ITEM;
END IF;

It could also be some property settings, invoke palette by F4. In fact, it could be anything :(, so:
for more help more specific info is needed.

hth, Jan Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 01:53:19 CDT