Re: command to list all user tables

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:56:58 GMT

David Wright wrote:

> anacedent_at_hotmail.com (Anna C. Dent) wrote in
> <U3zoc.124148$Jy3.85683_at_fed1read03>:

>>David Wright wrote:
>>>OSCUQDVXTKFJ_at_spammotel.com (Thomas Kellerer) wrote in

>>>I can't seem to find any help on the set commands or, more importantly
>>>the command delimiters for set commands. I suppose this is obscure.
>>
>>from http://tahiti.oracle.com/
>>
>>http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage

>>http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/toc.htm
>>
>>and
>>
>>http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/toc.htm
>

> I think my problem is I have not been explaining myself properly. I mean
> documentation of such things like 'set spool off' or 'set spool asdfasd.txt'.
> What is this language called? Is this PL/SQL? It seems to be a kind of
> scripting command. I didnt know that Oracle had other type of set statements
> and then there are sql 'set' statements as in typical merge.

The "language" is called SQL*Plus. It has its own on-line document.

Please consider using the graphical interface, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) console. It installs under Windows without trouble, you can run it in "standalone" mode after filling in the name of the database you want to connect to, and it will show you tables, columns, and so much more your mind will reel. And then you can even save everything you see off to an HTML or text file.

--Mark Bole Received on Wed May 12 2004 - 19:56:58 CDT