Re: How to find out what a closed session did?

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:37:17 GMT

"FlameDance" <FlameDance_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:c7nhl0$iom$06$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> on Oracle 8.1.7 to a colleague the following happened: He wanted to
> close an SQLPLUS window. Before it really closed for a split second he
> saw a message "63 rows updated" and then "commited". Now he's worried
> because he has no idea what was updated.
>
> Is there any way to find out what the session did? I can check sessions
> in the OEM but it only shows open sessions, right?
>

> Thanks,
> Stephan

Stephan,

I would suggest the use of the DBMS_LOGMNR package (See chapter 20 in the "Oracle8i Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference" manual). Also search asktom.oracle.com for examples of how to use this package.

A good reference is on pp.1097 to 1122 of "Expert One-on-One Oracle" by Thomas Kyte (A-Press:2003).

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 05:37:17 CDT