Re: direct IP connect to oracle

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:37:56 +0200

"Frank Esselbach" <spam_at_ghostlink.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94E0BAE1C3E5Espamghostlinkde_at_62.153.159.134...
> Hello,
>
> I'am a macintosh application developer. I need access to a oracle 8i
> database over the ip network.
>
> All solution that I could found uses foreign local drivers or libs - I
> don't like this.
>
> I want make a direct native socket connect to the listener without other
> software components, but I can nowhere find a useable description of the
> used protocol.
>
> Can someone give me a link or direct informations please?
Sorry, but there is no possibility. The client libraries are responsible for parsing and binding, all the handles, and incidentally also the socket. Maybe you can have a statically linked application that contains all the necessary libs?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed May 05 2004 - 11:37:56 CDT