List User Defined Exception Numbers?

From: Jim McMahon <jp_mcmahon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 22:12:12 GMT

Does anyone know whether it is possible to list user defined exception numbers that may be defined within the triggers, procedures, and functions defined under a given schema? Are they stored in some sort of internal table when the entities are compiled that could be queried?

What I'd like to do is list all used error numbers so that when I write a new function or trigger and raise a newly defined application error I can ensure the number is unique. The functions and procedures under the schema would all be signalling the errors via

raise_application_error(error_number, message[, {TRUE | FALSE}]);

where error_number is a negative integer in the range -20000 .. -20999 and message is a character string up to 2048 bytes long.

If I can't get to the error numbers directly, is there an internal table of object source I could dump out and run a grep tool against to list all occurences of "raise_application_error" to find the numbers that have been previously used ?

Being ordinary and nothing special is a full-time job. jp_mcmahon_at_hotmail.com (Jim McMahon in real life) Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 17:12:12 CDT