Re: Server version 8, client version 9

From: Nader Behravan <nbehravan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:33:09 +0200

Thanks for the reply.

We have two Oracle DB (Production: 8.1 and Test: 9i). Client is 9i. Wenn we use the Test-DB, it works fine. So this would mean that the code is OK.
On the other side the logon on DB (Production) succeeds and then the next select fails, so
I will check your suggestion.

Nader Behravan

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1083603533.649203_at_yasure...
> Nader Behravan wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > We have a programm that communicate with Oracle Server
8.1.7.4.0.
> > We were using
> > the same version on the client side and all thing has worked
> > perfect. Now we use the version
> > 9 on the client side and the application brings following
error:

> > ORA-01001 : invalid cursor
> >
> > Has anybody the same experience or has somebody the solution?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nader Behravan
>
> Many rules in 9i have been tightened ... among them times in
the past
> where Oracle overlooked bad coding such as implicit data
conversions.