loadjava fails to load class

From: Cindy Lee <dangreece_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:00:45 GMT

I need to insert rows into MySql database from oracle, which I imagine is a rather common task. The path I decided to take is write a java procedure, as recommended in the manual. However, java expects a driver to connect to mysql, so I use the driver that everyone is using, mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar that can be downloaded from mysql. There are sources that come with it, but they are rather complex to build and they use an ant file to produce this jar, so I'm not sure how to get them all into the oracle so they resolve. It seems like loadjava tool that allows to import jars is my only option.

I'm trying to run

loadjava -v -user player/player -r
mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar

and getting

arguments: '-v' '-user' 'player/player' '-r' 'mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar'

creating : resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Error while creating resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

    ORA-29516: Aurora assertion failure: Assertion failure at eox.c:232 Uncaught exception Root of all Java exceptions: java.lang.NullPointerException

The following operations failed

    resource META-INF/MANIFEST.MF: creation

    class com/mysql/jdbc/Driver: creation

Thus, if fails to load the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver that I need in order to insert into Oracle.
This is happening on 9i. On 10g it doesn't resolve the class java.sql.SavePoint used in the mysql jar. I tried to import rt.jar that contains it from sun's jdk, but it gave me a bunch of errors like

ORA-06152: errors during recompilation/revalidation of AUTHOR.sun/io/CharToByteCp1252

So I need instructions what to do either on 9i or 10g. Any help from anyone who has connected to mysql from oracle via java would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks- Received on Mon May 03 2004 - 14:00:45 CDT