Re: Large Datamart Crosstab Table

From: jmismas <joemismas_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 13:31:00 -0400

I might be able to help… let me see if I understand:

Your existing table has 363 million rows. Am I right to guess that it looks something like the "EXISTING_TABLE" below?

EXISTING_TABLE

ID
MnthEnd_Date
Amount

If your new table looks like the "NEW_TABLE" below- then we can count the distinct ID column values in EXISTING_TABLE to determine its size.

NEW_TABLE

ID
Sum_Mnth1_amount
Sum_Mnth2_amount

Sum_Mnth60_amount Received on Sun May 02 2004 - 12:31:00 CDT