Re: Reorganizing tables (next extents)

From: FlameDance <flamedance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:18:15 +0200

Jim Kennedy wrote:

> If you don't want LMT's and I understand the owner's concern. But why are
> you reorganizing? Most of us have plenty of useful things to do.

The existing huge initial values of up to 1.7GB give us problems when exporting/importing into the backup database. These days we import the big tables first, one by one, making sure each fits into a datafile, then import the rest ... it's a hassle that we want to get rid of.

I wrote a little 40-line PL/SQL procedure that generates a script that does it for all tables, so the main task is already done. Now I'm looking to optimize the storage parameters on a per table basis before actually executing the script on the production databasse.

Stephan Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 07:18:15 CDT