Oracle Text operator INPATH question

From: Sully <sullyathome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 10:44:04 -0700

Hi,

I have some XML stored (as a CLOB) which looks like this:

<configObject>

    <attribute name="bnum">

          <value string="435353"/>
    </attribute>
</configObject>

I want to be able to use INPATH to search for the tag "value" whose attribute "string" has a value "435353" AND is a direct descendent of a tag "attribute" whose attribute "name" has a value "bnum"

I've tried lots of different ways :-),
like

select * from myTable where contains(xml_col, 'bnum INPATH(//attribute[value/@string="435353"])',1)>0;

but to no avail...

I'd appreciate any pointers people may have.

Cheers,

Michael Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:44:04 CDT