Error ORA-12154 with Oracle OLE DB driver

From: Reinhard Brandstaedter <reinhard.brandstaedter_at_ams-engineering.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:00:43 +0200

Hi!

I get an "TNS:Could not resolve service name" error message when trying to connect an <application> via the Oracle OLE DB driver (9.0.1). When this <application> asks for the data source I enter the TNS name (as configured in clien tnsnames.ora) but it claims it can't find the TNS. I've turned od client tracing and I can see the following error in the trace:

nrigbni: Unable to get data from navigation file tnsnav.ora

tnsping and SQL+ connect work though!

I've found some hints on the net concerning tnsnav.ora but somehow I don't get it?
What's this error and what the hell is this application/driver expecting to find in tnsnav.ora?

Cheers,
Reinhard Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 03:00:43 CDT