Re: PL/SQL procedure - Use of "variables"

From: FlameDance <FlameDance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:32:30 +0200

Hi Birte,

at a first glance I believe I have recently had a very similar problem. However, your description, while containing some code, lacks a bit in telling us what your goal is.

If it is this: You have a table that describes a table and another table that describes manipulations to the described table, then you have the problem I solved. ;-)

I did it by writing a code generator. I generate a CREATE TABLE command, a SQL-Loader definition file, procedures to manipulate the table, etc etc.

I got scolded here by someone for generating code instead of creating a generic solution - but the system works and it is damn fast. :-) Feel free to contact me if you need details.

Stephan Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 17:32:30 CDT