Re: Creating the first user

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:45:01 GMT

Arthur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just completed the Universal Installer. Then I ran the Database
> Creation Assistant and wrote everything to a file. After that I
> executed the file and it created my database.
>
> However, how do I create users? I cannot seem to log in via SQLPLUS
> with sys/change_on_install as it tells me it wants me to log in as
> 'sysdba'.
>
> So, how do I create my first user, or log in as system?
>
> Thanks.......
>
> Arthur

If you are using Oracle Database 10g, consider using Database Control to create users etc. See the 2 Day DBA Doc at http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B13789_01/server.101/b10742/toc.htm

Otherwise, I doubt that you sys password is change_on_install - what password did you provide during the OUI session. Try

sqlplus "/ as sysdba" or
sqlplus sys/xxxx as sysdba Received on Tue Apr 27 2004 - 23:45:01 CDT