Re: Sending CLOBs to Oracle using VB/ADO

From: Ross McKay <rosko_at_zeta.NOT.THIS.BIT.org.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:32:54 GMT

On 27 Apr 2004 07:46:46 -0700, Tim Dale wrote:

>I have to pass some XML to an Oracle 8i stored procedure, which is
>expecting a CLOB, using VB and ADO.
>[snip]

Tim, if you have no luck with chasing this one down, maybe try RAW instead of CLOB. IIRC, I needed to use RAW (or LONG RAW) for something I did on Oracle back when MDAC 2.5 was the most recent version. It is possible that either Oracle's or Microsoft's OLE-DB driver now supports CLOB, but back then it did not and you needed to use RAW.

cheers,
Ross.

--
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed." - Mahatma Gandhi