oracle powerbuilder problem with passing ora-28001 and ora-28002

From: Steven Fox <steven.fox_at_dfas.mil>
Date: 26 Apr 2004 10:46:33 -0700

The login command:
CONNECT USING SQLCA Does not propagate any error messages relating to an expired or expiring account. When I issue the above command from the IGS PowerBuilder application, it does not receive any error messages in the SQLCA to let me know that the user might need to reset their password.

For the expired account, the SQLCA.SQLCODE contains -1, but the SQLDBCODE contains 0.
For the account which is nearing its expiration date, both the SQLCODE and the SQLDBCODE contain 0.

When I attempt to login to SQLPLUS, I receive either error ORA-28001 or ORA-28002, depending on whether the account is expired or is close to expiring.

Using PB 9.0.1 Enterprize EBF Build # 7096 and oracle 8. Received on Mon Apr 26 2004 - 12:46:33 CDT