Calling EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS more than once?

From: alederer <alederer_at_gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:50:50 +0200

Hallo!

Can someone tell me, if it is a problem calling EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS more than once in a multithreaded application?

I know that there is a problem when two threads calls this at the same time, so I have synchronized the call.

But is there a problem when calling it more than once in a application?

The documentation of oracle say's only, that it should be the first call in the application!?

Does anyone know the correct use of this call?

Are there differences between different client versions (8.1.7, 9.0 and 9.2)?

I need this on windows, aix and solaris, are there any differences?

thanks
andreas Received on Mon Apr 26 2004 - 05:50:50 CDT