Re: Konada.Db IS PURE SPAM

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:46:59 -0400

S. Davis wrote:

> Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil> wrote in message news:<opr6u3solzm0et4w_at_news.online.de>...
>

>>- It is true that my posting concerning Konada.Db was my first
>>posting to this newsgroup. Perhaps i should have read some
>>postings in c.o.d.m. to get familiar with the content and the
>>charter.

> Even without reading the charter, you were not spamming.

No. you were just off topic.

> ... The message
> you posted does not fit the guidelines for using
> comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. You were not promoting a commercial
> product or service.

Mr. Davis here is wrong. We've had MANY discussions about this. One was just a month or so ago. One guideline for new posters is to READ the group BEFORE posting to it. With archives like GOOGLE this should be a simple matter.

> You also did not violate net abuse guidelines about repetitive
> postings or posting repetitive content.

You did get that right, Mr Davis. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. 8^)

>>comp.databases.oracle.misc

> Not so bad a choice. You made us aware of software you've contributed
> to the Oracle database user community. Some of us here understand
> you've made a valuable contribution.

The choice of group was wrong. Frank seems to have learned that. Why haven't you??

> Active participation in a newsgroup is not the only contribution that
> merits our gratitude. Thanks for you efforts.

Yes, that's nice but irrelevant.

--
Ed Prochak
running    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/