Re: Konada.Db IS PURE SPAM

From: S. Davis <sadavis53_at_netscape.net>
Date: 24 Apr 2004 18:57:21 -0700

ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com (Ed prochak) wrote in message news:<4b5394b2.0404221049.f617c13_at_posting.google.com>...
> Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil> wrote in message news:<opr6u3solzm0et4w_at_news.online.de>...

> > 2) comp.databases.oracle.misc
>
> that should be c.d.o.marketplace, according to charter ...

The English text of the charter is quite clear about the purpose of c.d.o.marketplace. In addition, the word "marketplace" has a frequently understood meaning that's cosnsistent with the charter's text about "commercially oriented topics of interest to people using Oracle software".

Perhaps you missed my earlier message that pointed out Frank Piron's library is available under GPL license. It's free software. Any objections to Frank Piron's message as spam, based on the charter, are erroneous.

> Agreed, it was really just OFF topic. But Daniel has warned folks what
> he would do. So the SPAM label was not unexpected by regular readers.

Expected or not, it was defamatory.

The newsgroup charter is quite clear about what belongs in c.d.o.marketplace. Net guidelines are also quite clear about the nature of spam (repetitive postings). The Net Abuse FAQ and other sources refer to 20 postings of identical content (or five in a ten-day period).

http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

Frank Piron posted the message about his library only once in this newsgroup. It was not commercial and he did not post it repeatedly.

Falsely describing someone as a spammer is an odious attempt to control or suppress content by invoking anti-spam feelings. Received on Sat Apr 24 2004 - 20:57:21 CDT