Oracle and Forms - A history lesson please

From: Alfie <not_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:55:25 +0100

I am just taking a look at Oracle Developer/forms after being away for a long time - I can't remember the last Forms version I've used in anger- 2 or 3 I think. I am very rusty!

Anyway, I've just installed 10g and got developer working and I see everything seems to be "client/server" based.

I've built and run a simple form which runs itself in an IE browser.

My question is, is this the only way Forms works now? For instance, can you compile a form into an executable and run it directly against the database in a similar way as you might build say, a C++ graphical application with ODBC calls?

If so, how?

It seems to me this might provide quicker access - or at least startup.

Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 11:55:25 CDT