Re: Konada.Db IS PURE SPAM

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 11:49:53 -0700

Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil> wrote in message news:<opr6u3solzm0et4w_at_news.online.de>...
> 22 Apr 2004 04:12:22 -0700 S. Davis <sadavis53_at_netscape.net> wrote:

> > It's rather audacious to attach an advert to thousands of messages and
> > then accuse someone of spamming for one message announcing the URL to
> > download a free software library.
>
> First when i read Daniel Morgans reply to my posting
> i decided to ignore it.

and you would have failed to learn.

> But now at least i must thank you. In addition i will state
> some comments.
>
> What is true:

Yes, you can be taught. Glad you took some time to understand Daniel's posts. It is a little sad that it took more than one to get the point across, so maybe those that posted replies to Daniel served a good purpose. (there is no image without contrast.)

> - It is true that my posting concerning Konada.Db was my first
> posting to this newsgroup. Perhaps i should have read some
> postings in c.o.d.m. to get familiar with the content and the

that is the general suggestion for any new group, read before posting.

> charter. If my posting has violated the rules and someone
> (with the exception of Daniel Morgan of course ;-)) feels
> uncomfortable now, i regret.

Daniel happens to be just a more frequent reader (and thsu poster) to these groups. In this regard he speaks the opinion of many regular readers of this group. And it's less a feeling of uncomfortableness as it is annoyance.

but if you learned the correct place to post in the future, then you should not feel regret.

> - But it is also true in my opinion that my posting was not
> completely off topic. With Konada.Db you may access Oracle
> Databases from Ada95 applications. Therefore i posted my
> announcement to exactly two groups:
> 1) comp.lang.ada and

seems okay since there is no C.L.ada.marketplace or .announce

> 2) comp.databases.oracle.misc

Close, but no cigar. As Daniel mentioned that should be c.d.o.marketplace, according to charter and culture/custom. Again reading the group, especially in an archive like google BEFORE posting would prove beneficial for all.

> What is not true:
>
> - It is surely not true that i am a spammer. I have never spammed
> newsgroups and i did never use newsgroups as a marketing instrument.

Agreed, it was really just OFF topic. But Daniel has warned folks what he would do. So the SPAM label was not unexpected by regular readers.

> Thats it.
> Have a nice day,
> Frank Piron

You too.
  Ed Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 13:49:53 CDT