Re: Konada.Db IS PURE SPAM

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:43:19 -0700

S. Davis wrote:

>>>< Daniel Morgan wrote
>>>< And Frank Piron is a spammer.

> It's rather audacious to attach an advert to thousands of messages and
> then accuse someone of spamming for one message announcing the URL to
> download a free software library.

Actually it isn't. And it isn't for several reasons.

  1. It is accepted by these usenet groups and that is what matters.
  2. It is within the traditional 4 line's allowed by netiquette
  3. My postings are never promotional except when in c.d.o.marketplace and always in response to a specific request for help unless I am also requesting help. Or didn't you notice the posting for the Puget Sound Oracle Users Group meeting yesterday that I put in c.d.o.marketplace specifically to avoid strict adherence to the very rules I try to enforce.
  4. If you don't consider what I am complaining about spam you are being hypocritical to call my tag lines spam as I don't get paid a single dollar to advertise programs at the university ... something you would know if you knew anything about university instruction. Truth is, as I've said before, not once has the program not turned people away. So advertising for more would be completely counter-productive. And no one that doesn't live in the Puget Sound region of Washington state is going to fly here for nine months to take a class: Get real!
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu